This tutorial is based on restoring bricked MTK android smart phones using CWM backups.
Make sure the backup you are using is the one of your device else it will not work.
Make sure your device have at least 25% battery life.
If CWM is already installed on the device just scroll down to second part of this tutorial.
- Download and install universal android adb drivers from here.
- Download SP Flash Tools (latest version preferable) from here.
- Download scatter file & CWM made recovery.img of the device you want to restore.
- Launch SP Flash tools.
- Click on Scatter Loader button.
- Select the scatter file of the device.
- Tick Recovery from the list.
- Double click on Recovery and select recovery.img you downloaded. (This must be a CWM made recovery)
- Click on Download button.
- Connect the device Computer.
- Wait for Flashing to complete. A green tick or green circle (for older versions) will be seen on the screen.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
Part 2: Restoring Device With CWM
- Download and copy the CWM backup folder to your SD Card.
- Boot to CWM Recovery by holding Vol. up then press Power button for about 3secs.
- Use Vol. up & Vol. down keys to Navigate & select Backup/Restore using Power button.
- Select Restore.
- Select the backup you want to restore.
- Wait for the process to complete (process can take about 15mins).
- Reboot device when process is complete
Donation of any kind is really appreciated.
My Naija Guys hit me up with recharge cards
Facebook Page: facebook.com/romkingz